Some useful and not so useful bits of information on Facebook and Instagram for you.
Both platforms are having a rough time getting hammered by various govt. authorities around the globe. I won’t go into any detail on that but here’s what I’m doing and what I could share with you:
- I uninstalled the Facebook app on my devices some weeks ago and I haven’t been on Facebook since then
- I spend roughly 10 minutes a day updating Instagram Story to share a photo a day or reposting archived Instagram stories from the past (1 or 2 or 3 years ago) – until last year I used to spend more than an hour or so each day
- I publish a new post once or twice a week (or less some times) on Instagram
- Instagram now recommends using 3 to 5 hashtags for each post. It doesn’t mean you can’t use 30, so you might want to test out what works best for you (for now)
- Hashtags in the first comment on Instagram (which I used to use via Planoly) is no longer recommended. I now add hashtags in the caption, not in the first comment
- IG TV no more – they’ve combined feed videos and IG TV into Instagram Videos and the IG TV cover is now square which makes it simpler than before.
And some of you would wonder how I get to keep my Instagram engagement/numbers consistent while spending very little time there. Have I delegated that to some third party? No.
There are only two ways to deal with social media as a business owner and a marketer – spending a generous amount of time maintaining it (relationship+engagement) or promote (via Instagram advertising platform) posts. In other words, spending your time OR/AND money.
There is no secret magic to social media audience growth.
Was it helpful for you?